This member-generated menu of opportunities will inspire you personally to look at possibilities for the future. It could be a valuable resource to spark conversation with your school/district leaders. The ideas included could hopefully be put into practice no matter what our schooling situation is in the future.
What will speak to you?
Create your own menu of possibilities to use or use this resource as a way to share with the staff in your staff building the possibilities you have to offer. Or just look at the list and think--school librarians are super cool ;)
Inspiration & Ideas from Nebraska School Librarians
Professional Development Calendar
Diversity Equity & Inclusion Webinar Series Continues! Learn about the MOSAIC Multicultural Book Display from Lincoln Public Schools on Tuesday September 15th from 8:00-9:00 PM CST. This webinar will be recorded and shared with all registrants, so please register even if you cannot attend live.
NEW: NSLA Conversations & Community Virtual Chats. Join your grade level peers to discuss issues of interest to you during this school year. These conversations will be live and not recorded.
All conversations will take place from 8:00-9:00 PM CST.
Elementary on Sept 8 & Nov 10.
Secondary on Sept 10 & Nov 12.
Future Ready 2020
- Summer Learning Series with Jennifer LaGarde & Brad Gustafson. These sessions were recorded and archived for viewing here.
- Future Ready Conference 2020 sessions were also recorded and are available here. There is a unique School Librarian strand available.
- AASL National School Library Standards resources - click here
- Pandemic Resources - click here
- Advocacy Videos
- School Librarian Job Description - click here
- Interview Question Matrix - click here
- Learning Library - AASL Learning Library (ALL) is a repository of webcasts, podcasts, and other digital resources from AASL, including the latest issue of Knowledge Quest. ALL provides a central location to collect and manage all of your elearning, on your time and at your pace.
- Free Content from the Learning Library. To access, create a free account. - Click here
Future Ready Nebraska 2019
NSLA Conference 2018 Resources
- Keynote: Michelle Luhtala - Envisioning Relevance
- Lincoln Public Schools - Rockin' to Ignite a Relevant Library World
- Keegan Korf - Protecting Student Privacy: 5 Things Librarians Can Do
- Crys Bauermeister - Everything I Need To Know About Being a Librarian I Learned from Harry Potter
- Meredith Fickes - You Make Me Want to Break Out
- Lincoln Public Schools - Wading into the Bog: The New AASL Standards
- Kelly Kenny & Alex Essen - Personalized Learning in Elementary School Libraries
- Chris Haeffner - Copyright and Fair Use: The Questions that Haunt Us
- Kearney Public Schools Elementary Librarians - Creative Collaborative Projects That Meet the NE Multiple Literacy Standards
- Judy Henning & Sherry Crow - Empowering Learners Through the AASL Standards
- Dana Fontaine - You Read How Many Books Last Year?!?
- Joy Harvey - MOSAIC: Creating Relevant and Diverse Collections for All Students
- Crystal Hurt - Fake News: Teaching Media Literacy
- Sara Churchill - Be a Digital Mentor: Finding Balance in Our Approach to Kids and Technology
- #mwlibchat - IGNITEs School Libraries
- Cynthia Jackson - #hackinginquiry
- Mandy Peterson - Behold the Mighty Indie!
- Susan Prouix-Herron and Sara Adams - Library Newbies: The Highs, Lows, and Everything in Between
- Dorann Avey - Future Ready Nebraska and the Digital Learning and Ed Tech Plan